Online live computing clubs for children
We’re local! We deliver face to face coding and computing clubs and workshops across all parts of Guildford, Woking, Farnham, Aldershot, Farnborough and Fleet – and the great news is we now offer live online clubs which means you can join us from wherever you might be!
Our online sessions are delivered live in small groups by our fab team of expert tech leaders – we do not use pre-recorded activity – so your child has all the input and interaction they need.
So, if you want to join the same class as your cousin at the other end of the country (or even the other side of the world) you can. It’s a great way of being together when you can’t be in the same place. Why not get a group of your friends together to join us?
All you need at home is an internet connection and a laptop/desktop. We will use video conferencing facilities and will advise details of what you need to do to set up your computer ahead of the lesson.
Online club schedule
Python intermediate. A four week course starting on 28th May aimed at children who have some expereince in text based coding using Python. We will be looking at graphics and key binding in this course. £20
- Thursday mornings May 28, June 4, 11, 18 11am for one hour Book Here
- Thursday afternoons May 28, June 4, 11, 18 4pm for one hour (Sold out)
Kodu game design and programming. A four week course during which we will design and program a video game using a free piece of software from Microsoft called. £20
- Wednesdays 11am from 27th May for 4 weeks Book Here
Minecraft coding. Learn how to code using Minecraft as your environment. In the first few minutes you will be spawning chickens from above your player and will move on to more interesting and complicated activities including the automation of some repetitive tasks. We will be doing block based coding similar to Scratch so if you are comfortable with Scratch you will be fine with this. £25
- Tuesdays 11am from 9th June for 4 weeks (SOLD OUT)
- Wednesdays 4pm from 10th June for 4 weeks (SOLD OUT)
- Tuesdays 4pm from 16th June for 4 weeks Book Here
More to come soon.
Supporting schools working with key workers’ children during the COVID-19 epidemic
Our online classes also work well with groups of children in schools. We can deliver them remotely to the children at set times. Alternatively ComputerXplorers West Surrey can come to your premises to deliver sessions to children being cared for at school.
Helping children and parents survive life without school
Whether you are looking for ways to keep children happy and learning while on Coronavirus lockdown or you are already committed to helping your child develop new, fun tech skills our online coding and computer courses are the perfect way to keep children engaged from the comfort and safety of home.
Add structure to your child’s day and put their screen time to great use!
Being at home all day is hard for both parents and kids. Working out how best to schedule the day is a major challenge. Our online virtual computer clubs are the perfect way to add some structure to the day, keeping your children engaged while learning new skills and having fun. It’s the ideal way to make sure their screen time is put to great use.
Who are ComputerXplorers?
- We are a local organisation, working across Guildford, Woking, Farnham, Aldershot, Farnborough and Fleet, who are specialists in computing and technology classes for children from 3-13.
- We work with a large number of schools in the area providing workshops, in-curriculum time classes, computing clubs etc.
- We cover all areas of tech from creative animation to robotics, coding and physical computing.
We are DBS (or Disclosure Scotland) checked.
Contact us to find out more!